Sunday, July 09, 2006

It's been a while...

Apologies to regular readers. I'd love to say I've been away somwhere exotic, but no, just sunny East Lothian as usual. Frankly, there's not been a lot happening on the Reserve, or elsewhere, so I didn't want to bore anyone with my complaints!

Today, still mild with a few heavy showers. A couple of Black-tailed Godwits were the highlight of an increasing wader flock, with 300+ Curlew and 150 Lapwing, though still not many small waders. It was with mixed feelings that I watched two Peregrines chase and catch a pigeon - great to watch, but with a sense of foreboding that they may have settled here for the autumn. This has happened before here, and it doesn't make it easy to either see or check through the flocks of small waders for that first for Britain. So if the happy couple and their fledged offspring decide to hang out elsewhere I won't mind too much!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The FatBirder's Nest
FatBirder Web Ring
Prev Site Random Site Next Site
Linking Birders Worldwide Join