Thursday, May 04, 2006

Aaargh!

A Buff-breasted Sandpiper was found down the coast today - same person that found the Ring-necked Duck last week. Two yanks in East Lothian in 8 days is good going!

Sadly, I'd too much to do on the Reserve to see either. Another good count of Wheatears today (30+) but, as yesterday, not much else except the first Whimbrel (a bit late though).

And with that I thought "hooray, it's holiday time". Because this time tomorrow I'll be in Majorca!

But, there's always a sting in the tail. Text message tonight - Buff-breasted Sand now at the Reserve. Bugger!

Will it still be around on 13th when I return. Unlikely. Never mind - I've seen them here before, but would have been a good year-tick. Hopefully that's the best bird I'll miss, and will be made up for by Eleanora's Falcon, Bee-eater, Red-rumped Swallow etc etc. Speak to you agin on 12th. Byeee!






Ok not today's, but here's one I prepared earlier..







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The FatBirder's Nest
FatBirder Web Ring
Prev Site Random Site Next Site
Linking Birders Worldwide Join